Saturday, June 12, 2010

San Francisco

I arrived in San Francisco on June 8, the train was 1 hour early! Mr. Jim Stephens came to pick me up at the Station. I had the chance to provide a presentation to the San Francisco Bayview Rotary club,
but also the International Airport Rotary club
and the Fisherman's Wharf Rotary club.
Thank you so much for accepting to discuss about Rotary Water Projects overseas with me
during your meeting!
I had the pleasure to meet Mr. Samuel A. Murray, Southeast Community Outreach Director for the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC) City and County of San Francisco. He gave me the opportunity to visit the Oceanside Plant.
The city of San Francisco has a unique wastewater system which combines a sewer system to catch wastewater and storage boxes to treat the water before to put it back in the sea. People use to call this system: "the city under the city".
In 1993, EPA certified that there was no violation of the rule for the protection of the environment from the San Francisco Wasterwater management. Since this time, the SFPUC is actively engaged to conserve this quality of service for its community.

It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to speak about Rotary Water Projects in Central Asia and in Haiti with Rotarians from San Francisco.



Thank you so much to Jim stephens for accepting to show me the Golden Gate Bridge! I spent a very nice time in your company! I wish you a good life!

No comments:

Post a Comment