Monday, June 7, 2010

First Stop in Washington



The travel from Sebring Florida to Washington, DC was very long but When I arrived in Union Station I saw how big this City is!
I arrived on May 23 and the Kurianitkova's family greeted my in New Carrolton and I spent a very nice time with them. Andy and Sasha (Carole's sons) explained me a lot of things about the geography of the U.S. and Carole helped me to improve my speaking for my presentation about Rotary water projects overseas.
I also learnt that Washington area doesn't have problem to get water for its residents. The East Cost area belongs to the moist area of the U.S. and it was very interesting to see that the people I met were aware of their chance and ready to help and learn about water situation and difficulties abroad, in Central Asia but also in Haiti.

During my visit, I had the chance to discover Washington with Sasha and Andy, I realized how big and rich this city is.


I also had the opportunity to see an exhibit about the African-Native American Lives in the Americas in the Smithsonian Institution. The woman who organized this exhibit was there, she was from the North East of the U.S. and I had the chance to discuss with her about her work. The aim of this exhibit was to communicate about what Gabrielle Tayac (Piscataway) calls "one part of the invisible story of America", the recognition the African Native American heritage as one part of the U.S. identity.

I left Washington on May 26 ready for my first presentation about Rotary Water Projects in Indiana!

ps: I wish to Andy and Sasha to suceed in their studies, and I wish a good continuation to Carole and Alex. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment